Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No problem




I do not believe there is such a thing as a "mid-life crisis". And even if there is, I'm not having one.

Of course, I've been told that I do exhibit all of the classic symptoms. The motorcycle, the tattoos (got a new one on Sunday), the earrings, the goatee. The whole "biker" vibe. To me, these are just fun transportation and decoration. To some, they are outward signs that there is something wrong with me. There isn't. Yes, I'll be 50 in October and I suppose that does qualify as "middle age", but that isn't a crisis. In fact, it's anything but! I've managed to survive half a century on this planet and I feel pretty blessed to have made it that long. I've had multiple "close calls" and sometimes lived a little too close to the edge, but for reasons unknown to me, I'm still here. Every day, every moment is a gift to be enjoyed. So that's what I'm doing. It's only a crisis if there's a problem. Other than the beard being itchy, my ears being hairy, tattoos being painful and life being too short...no problem.

4 comments:

  1. If there's something "wrong" with you...I hope it's contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real crisis would be if you suddenly wanted to become an accountant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Randy:
    Truth be known, for anyone at the age of 50 and wants to imply 'mid-age crisis', first of all most people don't live to 100 so it can't be mlc.
    Is there something wrong with you ? Yes. But that should be spoken in closed circles.
    Celebrating life needs to be done by more people who don't realize how blessed they are to have made it to 50 !
    So anyway, party on dude ! Way to LIVE life !
    God, im so rad with my hep speakage . . .
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete